The apostle Paul said that his goal was to know Christ, to be like Christ, and to be all that Christ had in mind for him to be when he saved him.
I feel like I'm doing pretty good on the first two. I'm trying to get to know Christ better through prayer, and studying His Word. Even what I'm doing now, is a suggestion from a Bible teacher whose work I read. He suggested journaling my reaction to my daily reading. I don't pretend to think I'll do this every day.
That instruction was reinforced Sunday by Pastor Rumble, when he instructed us to write it down and to be reminded of what we learned each week or even each day.
It's at the third point of Paul's goals that I'm struggling. To be all Christ had in mind for me to be when He saved me. I may be starting to get the Revelation part of that down, but the Application part is where I'm struggling.
I've had a couple of close calls in my life, as I'm sure most people have. These were events that could easily have ended with tragedy but didn't. I recognize the sovereign hand of the Father protecting me. But to what end?
What has God saved me to be, to do on His behalf in this world? I think I have an idea, but do I have the guts to pursue it?
Friday, August 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment