Tuesday, March 13, 2012

March Update

Sorry for the long droughts in posts. I’ll try to do better.

Little man is a couple weeks shy of 15 months. He’s just over 22 lbs now, and I feel every last ounce of it when I hold him. His favorite thing to do in bounce. He has so much energy.

We’ve ditched the bottle and nearly all the baby food except for some fruit. He’s eating toddler food, but for the most part just eats whatever is on Mommy’s plate, within reason. He seems to like most things, but has developed an aversion to bananas. I think we just overloaded the little guy on them, but we thought he might be allergic to apples and it’s tough to find baby food without apples in it. For the most part he’s a very good, if very messy eater. Bath frequency has picked up considerably.

He still takes a bottle at night, but it’s filled with whole milk now instead of formula.

Sleeping through the night isn’t a milestone as much as it is a treat. Some nights he sleeps all the way through, and some nights he doesn’t.

Little Man had his first ear infection in February, and when he did his talking stopped all together. We got nothing but grunts for a week. Now he’s back to saying ‘Da-da’. Everything is Da-da. I’m da-da, mommy’s da-da, sissy is da-da, the chair is da-da. He has put together than I am Da-da, but it’s like whenever he tries to talk that’s all that comes out.

He’s crawling now, actually more scooting. We’ve taken to calling him Scooter. He crawls with one leg and one knee. It’s not your standard crawl, but it’s locomotion and he can get from one end of the room to the other in what feels like the blink of an eye.

He’s also mastered the stairs. We have 3 small stairs down to our family room and he can climb up them. Down, not so much.

Princess is back and dance and practicing for the recital in the late Spring or early Summer. She’s going to be in three numbers this year, with accompanying costume changes.

She also gets very winded in practice and her instructor suggested we get her tested for asthma. We scheduled an appointment with the doctor for later in the month. I hope she doesn’t have it. I dealt with it as a kid, and I’d rather she be spared that, but at least it’s easily treatable. There are far worse things we could be dealing with.

Home school continues to go well. We have our good days and bad days. We won’t finish on schedule, so we’ll need a couple of extra days, but nothing too bad. Her favorite subject is science. She loves science and this year we are studying the human body. Her least favorite subject is math. She learns it well, but sometimes the execution gets a little tough. We’ll see how she does on the standardized tests later in the year.

That’s about it for us right now. Like I said at the top, I’ll try to keep this updated more often, but no promises.

Luvs and Hugs.

No comments: